eVolo Magazine is pleased to invite designers around the world to participate in the VMODERN Furniture Design Competition. The award was born from the desire to create a forum for the discussion, debate and development of innovative design. Our goal is to discover and promote the most creative pieces of furniture that will transform the way we live and interact with our environment. What is the future of furniture design?
This is an ideas competition and designers may submit pieces in production, prototypes, and/or concepts. Projects will be evaluated based on creativity, originality, feasibility, function, and aesthetics.
Participants may submit designs in any of the following three categories:
Seating: armchairs, benches, chairs, lounge chairs, recliners, stools, etc.
Planes: beds, coffee tables, desks, shelving units, tables, etc.
Lighting: ceiling lams, floor lamps, table lamps, wall lamps, etc.
- August 10, 2015 – Competition announcement, registration begins
- October 6, 2015 – Early registration deadline
- November 10, 2015 – Late registration deadline
- November 24, 2015 – Submission deadline (23:59 hours US Eastern Time)
- December 15, 2015 – Winner’s announcement
- Joel Escalona [principal Joel Escalona Studio, NONO]
- Mitchell Joachim [principal Terraform ONE]
- Alexander Lervik [principal Lervik Design AB]
- Zhang Zhoujie [principal Zhang Zhoujie Digital Lab]
- 1st Place: US $2000
- 2nd Place: US $1000
- 3rd Place: US: $500
Winners and projects selected by the Jury and editorial board will be published in the annual book of the competition. In addition, projects will be featured online and in print on eVolo Magazine’s publications and media partners.
For more information please go to: http://vmodern.com
6363 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 311, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA